Roof Installation in NJ
At our roofing installation company, we are proud to offer a wide range of roofing options to our customers. Whether you’re looking for a traditional asphalt shingle roof or something more unique like stone coated steel or standing seam metal, we have you covered.
We understand that every customer has their own specific needs and preferences, which is why we offer such a wide variety of roofing options. We also offer a wide range of roofing services, from simple repairs to full installations.
No matter what your roofing needs may be, we are here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our roofing services and to get a free quote.
Short on Time? Get Your Free Quote Today!
Fill out the contact form below and a representative will be reaching out to you shortly. Or call (973) 804-9400
What are the most common roof problems?
You may not always need a new roof installation but in order to identify this, you may need a roof inspection. Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home, so it’s important to keep it in good condition. One way to do that is to perform a visual inspection every six months. Look for any debris and check for any signs of damage, such as cracks or missing shingles. If you notice any problems, be sure to address them right away. With proper roof maintenance, you can help keep your home in good condition and avoid costly roof repairs down the road.
The most common roof problems are:
- Roof Leaks: Often caused by damaged shingles, improper installation, or faulty flashing, roof leaks are a common issue that can lead to water damage and mold growth
- Improper Roof Ventilation: Poor or improper attic ventilation can cause excess heat, leading to a range of issues such as ice dams, moisture buildup, and reduced energy efficiency
- Faulty Roofing Materials: Damaged or low-quality roofing materials can compromise the integrity of the roof, leading to various problems such as leaks and reduced durability
- Water Damage: Water buildup, including stagnant water and ice dams, can lead to structural damage, rot, and mold growth
- Incorrect Roof Flashing: Improperly installed or damaged roof flashing can result in water penetration and leaks
- Poor Installation: Hiring inexperienced or poorly qualified roofing professionals can lead to a range of issues, including mold, reduced lifespan, and long-term complications
Roofing Companies Near Me
Residential Roofing Trends Right Now
Residential roof installation is our most popular service because there are so many hail damaged homes in the New Jersey area. We’ve been roofing contractors in NJ for over 20 years, and we know how to handle every type of roofing material.
If you need a new roof, or if your old roof needs to be repaired, give us a call. We’ll be happy to give you a free estimate 973-804-9400.
- Roofing Replacement for Solar Panels: Homeowners and commercial building owners are actively seeking alternatives that minimize reliance on traditional energy sources, contributing to a greener and more visually appealing environment
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofing continues to be popular due to its exceptional durability, longevity, and aesthetic versatility. It is known for its ability to withstand harsh weather conditions, requiring minimal maintenance
Owens Corning Contractor in NJ
Purple Roofing Shingles by Owens Corning
Owens Corning’s “Midnight Plum” shingles have gained attention as the 2023 Shingle Color of the Year. These shingles are described as a bold and unique choice, offering a deep purple hue that stands out. The “Midnight Plum” shingles are part of the TruDefinition Duration series, known for providing strength and durability to roofs.
The shingles feature patented SureNail technology, offering impact resistance and potential qualification for a Class 3 impact resistance rating. These shingles are available at various retailers, including Lowe’s and Menards, and are designed to provide a visually striking and durable roofing solution.
These Roofing Shingles are one of the favorites for New Jersey Homeowners
GAF Contractor in NJ
GAF offers a variety of roofing shingle options, including the Timberline HDZ shingles, which are known for their beauty and long term durability.
GAF also provides a wide array of roof shingle colors, offering classic and distinctive options such as black, gray, brown, and red shingles. The Timberline HDZ shingles, GAF offers various other types of shingles, including three-tab, architectural, and designer shingles. These shingles are designed to meet different aesthetic and functional needs, providing excellent protection and value.
The roofing materials available in the market offer a wide range of options to suit different needs and preferences.
- Asphalt Shingles: Asphalt shingles are the most common residential roofing material, they are popular due to their affordability, ease of installation, and availability in a variety of colors.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofing is known for its durability, low maintenance, and heat reflective properties. It is available in various materials such as steel, aluminum, copper, and zinc. Metal roofing comes in different profiles, including corrugated, ribbed, and standing seam, offering a range of aesthetic and functional options
- Wood Shakes and Shingles: Wood shakes and shingles provide a natural and rustic look to roofs. While they require more maintenance compared to other materials, they offer excellent insulation properties and can last for many years when properly maintained
- Clay Tiles: Clay tiles are known for their durability and aesthetic appeal. They are available in various shapes, sizes, and colors, providing a distinctive and elegant look to homes. Clay tiles are resistant to fire and can withstand harsh weather conditions
- Slate Roofing: Slate roofing offers a luxurious and long-lasting roofing solution. It is highly durable, fire-resistant, and available in a range of natural colors. While it is a premium roofing material, it provides a timeless and elegant appearance to homes
- Synthetic Roofing Products: Synthetic roofing products, including rubber, plastic, and polymer roofing, are designed to mimic the look and texture of natural materials such as slate and wood. These products offer strength, durability, and a wide range of color options
Roof Installation Process
The roof installation process typically involves several key steps to ensure a successful and durable outcome, it is very important that the roofing contractor follows the install instructions.
- Tear Off the Old Roof: It is essential to remove the old roofing materials before installing a new roof. This step ensures that the new roof is properly installed and prevents premature failure
- Install Underlayment and Waterproofing: After tearing off the old roof, the installation of underlayment, such as felt paper or self-adhesive waterproof underlayment, is crucial to provide an additional layer of protection against water infiltration
- Install Drip Edge and Flashing: Drip edge installation helps to direct water away from the roof and prevent water damage. Proper installation of flashing around roof features such as vents, chimneys, and valleys is essential to ensure waterproofing and prevent leaks
- Roofing Material Installation: The installation of the chosen roofing material, whether it’s asphalt shingles, metal panels, wood shakes, or other options, is a critical step in the process. This involves precise placement and fastening of the roofing material to ensure proper coverage and protection
- Ventilation and Ridge Cap Installation: Proper ventilation is essential for the longevity of the roof. Additionally, the installation of ridge caps, which cover the peak of the roof, is crucial to provide a finished look and further protect against water infiltration
- Inspection and Approval: After the installation is complete, it is important to have the roof inspected to ensure that it meets building codes and quality standards. This step may involve obtaining permits and scheduling inspections as required by local regulations
NO Interest, NO Payments
For 12 months
Reduced Rate 6.99%
Fixed interest rate
ROOF PARTS OF YOUR RESIDENTIAL
The residential roof consists of various components, each serving a specific function in protecting the home from the elements. Here are the main parts of a residential roof and their functions so you can explain the installer better what you need help with:
- Decking: The decking is also known as roof sheathing, it is the line foundation of the roof system, providing a base for other materials to be installed.
- Underlayment: Underlayment is a layer that provides an extra barrier between the roofing material and the roof deck, helping to prevent water penetration.
- Attic: The line space below the roof and above the ceiling, which may contain insulation and ventilation systems to regulate temperature and moisture levels.
- Vents: Vents are essential for maintaining proper airflow in the attic line, preventing moisture buildup and extending the life of the roof.
- Rafters: The rafters are the sloped structural beams that support the roof and its covering.
- Ridge: The ridge is the highest point step of the roof where two sloping sides meet, often covered with ridge caps for protection.
- Eaves: The eaves are the lower edges of the roof that overhang the face of a wall, providing protection from the water and sun and contributing to the overall aesthetics of the home.
- Fascia: The fascia are the boards running along the edges of the roof step, covering rafters and exposed trusses, providing support for gutters, water flow and contributing to the overall appearance of the roof once installed.
- Drip Edge: This is a metal flashing installed at the edges of the roof to help direct water away from the fascia and prevent water damage.
- Flashing: The flashing is the metal piece used to prevent water from seeping into the roof at joints, such as around chimneys, vents, and skylights.
- Ice and Water Shield: This is a protective underlayment designed to prevent water penetration from ice dams and wind-driven rain which protects the entire roof project.
- Shingles or Roofing Material: The outermost layer of the roof, providing protection from the water and sun and contributing to the aesthetic appeal of the home.
- Valleys: The valley or valleys direct the rain water to the gutters, preventing water from pooling or sinking on the roof, the valleys with the help of the ice and water shield protect the roof top underlayment areas from getting damaged.
Are you looking for a credit for your roof replacement? Call us at 973-804-9400 and ask for our credit financing options for roofing installations.
Roofing Contractor in NJ
Commercial Roof Installation in Woodland Park
Commercial roof installation can be a complex and difficult process, involving multiple stakeholders with overlapping and potentially conflicting interests. We are experienced roofers navigating these difficult situations and can make the process as smooth and hassle-free as possible. As roofing contractors we understand the unique needs of each roofing system and installation process, that is why we will work with everyone involved to ensure that the roof is installed correctly and meets all the necessary requirements from your installation project. With our experience and expertise, we can help you get your commercial roof installed quickly and without any headaches.
Contact us today to learn more about our commercial roof installation services and ask for our credit financing options.
Roofs are custom made, we can help you choose the brand and color that you preffer the most following all the installation instruction provided by the brand supplier.
What Does My Roof Installation Include?
We’ll start by conducting a thorough inspection of your roof and working with your insurance company to make sure you are getting everything you are owed. Then, we will coordinate gathering all of the materials as necessary. This includes gutters, windows, interior restorers, etc. By having everything coordinated from the start, we can avoid any unexpected delays or problems. Additionally, we will work with you to schedule a time that is convenient for you so that you can be present during the installation if you wish. Our goal is to make sure that your new roof is installed quickly and efficiently so that you can have peace of mind knowing that your home is protected.
Roof Installation FAQ
How much does it cost to install a roof?
The average roofing labor cost will depend on the size of the roof, pitch and chosen materials to have install.
How often should roof Be Replaced?
In general, this is the recommended replacement schedule based on the material used: Composition Shingles: 12-20 years. Asphalt Shingles: 15-30 years. Wood Shingles: 20-25 years.
Color Palette We Offer
See Why Our Customers Say We Are The
Best Exterior Contractor in Woodland Park, NJ
Get Started With Professional Exterior Solutions Today!
Are you ready to get your home’s exterior looking as good as new?
Contact New America Construction today to get your free, no-obligation in-home consultation, and trust us with top-quality siding solutions.
We offer the following services:
- Residential Roofing
- Commercial Roofing
- Roof Repair
- Window Installation
Contact us today Call (973) 804-9400!