Vinyl siding is a popular choice for homeowners in Woodland Park New Jersey due to its low maintenance requirements. However, that doesn’t mean that vinyl siding doesn’t require any maintenance at all. In order to keep your vinyl siding looking its best, it’s important to regularly clean it and check for any damage.
We understand that watching your home succumb upon the weather and age is disappointing.
5 of the most common issues are:
- Cracked siding: Vinyl siding is not immune to damage. One common issue that homeowners experience is cracking of the siding. There are several reasons why this may occur, including impact damage, expansion, and contraction due to temperature changes, and poor installation.
- Color faded: This is due to a combination of factors, including exposure to sunlight, moisture, and pollutants.
- Warping and buckling siding: vinyl siding will have a slight give to accommodate for its expansion and contraction with changing temperatures. If the siding is not installed correctly, this movement can cause the siding to warp and buckle.
- Loosing Siding pieces: One possibility is that the nails or adhesive used to secure the siding have come loose. Another possibility is that the siding has warped due to exposure to extreme heat or cold.
- Moisture issues: There are a number of reasons why vinyl siding can get moisture, one of the most common reasons is because the siding has been installed over an existing layer of insulation. This insulation can hold moisture, which can then seep through to the surface of the vinyl siding.
Taking care of your siding is necessary to maintain the amazing look of your home within time, this is the solution to every long-lasting eye-catching product.
How to properly maintain your vinyl siding?
- Wash annually: This prevents dirt and other contaminants from building up on the walls, be sure to clean your siding regularly. This will remove any dirt or debris that could cause the pigment to break down. Second, avoid using harsh cleaners or abrasives when cleaning your siding. These can damage the material and accelerate the fading process.
- Consult with an expert before painting your vinyl siding: The heat of the sun can cause the vinyl siding to warp under the new paint making it look like it´s melting, this usually happens with dark colors.
- Inspect annually: Check if you have any loosing pieces, cracked, or faded panels, to have them repair as soon as possible before the problem gets any bigger.
Remember that siding will age like any other product, and this is caused by sunlight, rain, and snow.
Some types of siding require less maintenance than others, if you are looking for a siding contractor in Woodland Park New Jersey, always make sure to look for a reliable contractor that has licensed and that can provide you a warranty of the job.